Mothers Against Drunk Driving – Troy, MI
$19 an hour
Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is celebrating its 35th anniversary by creating a future of NO MORE VICTIMSTM. MADD is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these crimes and prevent underage drinking. MADD supports drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge, serving one person every ten minutes through local MADD victim advocates and at 1-877-MADD-HELP. MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® will end drunk driving through increased law enforcement, all offender ignition interlock laws and advanced vehicle technology. PowerTalk 21® is the national day for parents to talk with their teens about alcohol, using Power of Parents® proven approach to reduce underage drinking. Learn more by visiting MADD’s new website at madd.org or calling 1-877-ASK-MADD.
The MADD Troy, Michigan 48083 office is currently seeking candidates for the part time (20 hours) position of Coordinator of Volunteer Resources 091-15.
$ 19.00 Hourly
Start Date: 1/4/2016
Responsible for volunteer capacity building through the planning, coordination and implementation of the Volunteer Program at the State and Local level.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Conduct needs assessments and develop plans for the growth of the volunteer base, in conjunction with States, Affiliates and Chapters. Identify and assign volunteer roles to meet assessed needs.
2. Implement sourcing and recruiting strategies utilizing community partnerships, affiliations and through other MADD activities. Participate in interviewing, selection and placement process with staff.
3. Ensure all volunteers adhere to MADD’s policies and procedures. Plan, schedule and conduct volunteer orientation.
4. Recruit, schedule and direct volunteers for various trainings, programs and events. Maintain records and report data on all volunteers, their activities and contributions.
5. Provide guidance, training and support to staff working with volunteers. Help to resolve volunteer and staff concerns.
6. Monitor the program and evaluate results in relation to goals and objectives. Work with national and/or local staff/volunteer leaders to effectively engage volunteers to meet program goals and objectives.
7. Plan and implement volunteer recognition and feedback programs.
1. Two years experience in planning and coordinating volunteer resources as well as administration of volunteer programs and events. Experience in working with diverse groups and communities.
2. Associate’s degree and/ or certification in volunteer management is a plus.
3. Some travel and flexible hours necessary.
4. Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
5. Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
6. Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
7. Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
8. Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
9. Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
10. Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
11. Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
12. Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
13. Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
14. Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
15. Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
This field position may be funded by a grant for a specific period of time. In the event the grant is discontinued, the position may be eliminated.
MADD offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits + business casual environment.
“An Interested Party will be considered an applicant only after the individual has complied with the application process and has indicated the specific position for which they are applying.”
MADD is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour
Recruiting,Training Volunteers, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Basic Math/Records Management: 1 year