Customer service representative perform a vast amount of job duties across many different industries.
Because there are so many different ways to talk about your customer service experience, it will be important that you use the proper skills and attributes to entice the next company to hire you.
This page provides resume samples that are available free for download as well as advice on how to set up your next resume.
Customer Service Resume Template Menu
- How To Make A Customer Service Resume
- Resume Templates & Samples
How To Make A Customer Service Resume
The different parts of a resume will paint a complete picture of your career profile and experience.
For a customer service position it will be important to convey dependability, being able to learn quickly, and the ability to communicate effectively with customers.
Skills To Put On A Customer Service Resume
There are two different ways that you will want to talk about your skills on your resume. This section will be talking specifically about the first way, which is describing your knowledge under a skills heading
The first way you will describe your skills is with specific technical knowledge. These skills will most often be listed in a bullet-point format. Examples of these skills are listing Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, or any other type of software program in which you are trained and/or knowledgeable.
For different types of customer service jobs it may also mean having specific licenses, knowing how to use certain phone systems, or having knowledge about certain ‘tools of the trade’ that are crucial for a company to provide good customer service
Here are a variety of skills needed for customer service jobs, taken directly from job listings:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, standard hospital operations and financial services preferred but not required.
- Possesses knowledge, skill and ability to operate a PC, applications/software, telephone, fax scanner and copier.
- Displays excellent oral and written communication skills; possesses excellent organizational and follow up skills; meets deadlines.
- Possesses and demonstrates professional telephone demeanor and appearance.
- Interacts successfully with all levels of staff and management; responds positively to direction and supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast-paced environment; can multi-task.
- Displays the ability to keyboard 30 wpm; is proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- At least 2 years of experience in Customer Service
- A proven ability to work as part of a team to deliver results
- Organization Skills – Ability to manage multiple priorities and know when to escalate issues
- Effective Communicator
- Basic level of understanding with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel). Experience with Sage and CRM is a plus!
Resume Templates & Samples
This resume template features multiple call center job listing examples, along with some basic customer service & sales sample job descriptions.
File name: call-center-customer-service-representative-resume-template.docx
File size: 7.4 KB
Total downloads: 0